School buses are an extension of regular school facilities and students are expected to conduct themselves on the buses as they do when they are in the school building. School bus drivers have the responsibility and authority to enforce these rules and regulations.
State law mandates we enforce these rules and regulations:
- STUDENTS ARE FORBIDDEN AT ALL TIMES FROM USING PRIVATELY OWNED COMMUNICATION DEVICES, (I.E. BEEPERS,PAGERS, CELL PHONES) ON THE BUS. (BOARD POLICY #5260)
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT A DESIGNATED PLACE OF SAFETY DETERMINED BY THE DRIVER.
- EXAMPLE : PLACE OF SAFETY IS 10 FEET FROM THE STREET ON YOUR DRIVEWAY.
- STUDENTS SHOULD BE AT THEIR BUS STOP (5) FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE BUS ARRIVAL TIME. EXAMPLE: 7:30 AM PICK UP, BE OUT AT YOUR STOP AT 7:25
- STUDENT GO DIRECTLY TO AN AVAILABLE SEAT OR ASSIGNED SEAT AND REMAIN SEATED. KEEP AISLES CLEAR. NO STANDING
- NO EATING, DRINKING OR CHEWING GUM, OR USE TOBACCO ON THE BUS.
- STUDENTS MUST NOT PUT ARMS, HEADS OR THROW OBJECTS OUT THE WINDOW.
- WINDOWS MAY BE OPENED WITH PERMISSION FROM THE BUS DRIVER
- STUDENTS MUST LEAVE OR BOARD THE BUS AT THE LOCATION TO WHICH THEY HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED UNLESS THEY HAVE PARENTAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORIZATION TO DO OTHERWISE.
- MARKING OR POKING HOLES IN SEATS IS NOT PERMITTED.
- CONTINUED DISORDERLY CONDUCT OR PERSISTENT REFUSAL TO FOLLOW THE RULES PRESENTS A SAFETY HAZARD WHICH CAN RESULT IN LOOSING BUS RIDE PRIVILEGES.