Mandatory bus evacuation drills will occur Tuesday, September 19 for grades 7-12 and Thursday, September 21 for grades K-6.
HIRING BUS DRIVERS! Poland Local School District is hiring bus drivers, substitute and full time! Visit www.polandbulldogs.com/bus for more info, and if you're not a bus driver, you better share this info with a bus driver you know! Join our team to help make the magic happen every morning/afternoon!
Thank you, Barb Raybuck, Poland Local Schools Bus Driver, for your service to the district over the years! Barb is retiring now after 25 years of dedication to students and the school district.
Bus #14 riders will now ride Bus #19.
Tomorrow, Poland Seminary High School will be hosting a Pep Assembly at 1:05 p.m. There will be one bus picking up students from MCCTC/STEM at 12:30 p.m. The bus will drop students off in the front of the PSHS building. -PLSD
The privilege of riding the school bus is earned by exhibiting good behavior while on the bus. School buses are an extension of regular school facilities and students are expected to conduct themselves on the buses as they do when they are in the school building. School bus drivers have the responsibility and authority to enforce these rules and regulations.
State law mandates we enforce these rules and regulations:
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT A DESIGNATED PLACE OF SAFETY DETERMINED BY THE DRIVER. EXAMPLE : PLACE OF SAFETY IS 10 FEET FROM THE STREET ON YOUR DRIVEWAY.
- STUDENTS SHOULD BE AT THEIR BUS STOP (5) FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE BUS ARRIVAL TIME.
- STUDENTS MUST GO DIRECTLY TO AN AVAILABLE SEAT OR ASSIGNED SEAT AND REMAIN SEATED. KEEP AISLES CLEAR. NO STANDING.
- NO EATING, DRINKING OR CHEWING GUM, OR USE OF TOBACCO ON THE BUS.
- STUDENTS MUST NOT PUT ARMS, HEADS OR THROW OBJECTS OUT THE WINDOW.
- WINDOWS MAY BE OPENED WITH PERMISSION FROM THE BUS DRIVER.
- STUDENTS MUST LEAVE OR BOARD THE BUS AT THE LOCATION THEY HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED UNLESS THEY HAVE PARENTAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORIZATION TO DO OTHERWISE.
- MARKING OR POKING HOLES IN SEATS IS NOT PERMITTED.
- CONTINUED DISORDERLY CONDUCT OR PERSISTENT REFUSAL TO FOLLOW THE RULES PRESENTS A SAFETY HAZARD WHICH CAN RESULT IN LOSING BUS RIDE PRIVILEGES.