Poland Local Schools is aware of road closures and obstructions that might impact bus routes tomorrow and this week. School buses do not have special exception to these boundaries. If your child's stop is closed, our buses will not be able to them up until the road reopens.
The safety of our students is our highest priority, and we appreciate your cooperation in ensuring their safe transportation to and from school.
Thank you, Barb Raybuck, Poland Local Schools Bus Driver, for your service to the district over the years! Barb is retiring now after 25 years of dedication to students and the school district.
Bus #14 riders will now ride Bus #19.
Tomorrow, Poland Seminary High School will be hosting a Pep Assembly at 1:05 p.m. There will be one bus picking up students from MCCTC/STEM at 12:30 p.m. The bus will drop students off in the front of the PSHS building. -PLSD
Due to the purchase of a new school bus, some bus numbers will be changing. Only bus numbers for some students will be changing.
School Bus Rules and Regulations
The privilege of riding the school bus is earned by exhibiting good behavior while on the bus. School buses are an extension of regular school facilities and students are expected to conduct themselves on the buses as they do when they are in the school building. School bus drivers have the responsibility and authority to enforce these rules and regulations.
State law mandates we enforce these rules and regulations:
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT A DESIGNATED PLACE OF SAFETY DETERMINED BY THE DRIVER. EXAMPLE : PLACE OF SAFETY IS 10 FEET FROM THE STREET ON YOUR DRIVEWAY.
- STUDENTS SHOULD BE AT THEIR BUS STOP (5) FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE BUS ARRIVAL TIME.
- STUDENTS MUST GO DIRECTLY TO AN AVAILABLE SEAT OR ASSIGNED SEAT AND REMAIN SEATED. KEEP AISLES CLEAR. NO STANDING.
- NO EATING, DRINKING OR CHEWING GUM, OR USE OF TOBACCO ON THE BUS.
- STUDENTS MUST NOT PUT ARMS, HEADS OR THROW OBJECTS OUT THE WINDOW.
- WINDOWS MAY BE OPENED WITH PERMISSION FROM THE BUS DRIVER.
- STUDENTS MUST LEAVE OR BOARD THE BUS AT THE LOCATION THEY HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED UNLESS THEY HAVE PARENTAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORIZATION TO DO OTHERWISE.
- MARKING OR POKING HOLES IN SEATS IS NOT PERMITTED.
- CONTINUED DISORDERLY CONDUCT OR PERSISTENT REFUSAL TO FOLLOW THE RULES PRESENTS A SAFETY HAZARD WHICH CAN RESULT IN LOSING BUS RIDE PRIVILEGES.