Thanks to our Transportation Department and school principals/bus duty aides, Bus Emergency Drills were a success today! Students were attentive and learned about bus safety just before the rain came! -PLSD
Learn about cluster stops and how they will be implemented this school year.
Complete your Transportation "T" Form before July 22.
Ohio Bus Driver Appreciation Day is Monday, May 2. Thank you to our bus-driving Bulldogs!
The privilege of riding the school bus is earned by exhibiting good behavior while on the bus. School buses are an extension of regular school facilities and students are expected to conduct themselves on the buses as they do when they are in the school building. School bus drivers have the responsibility and authority to enforce these rules and regulations.
State law mandates we enforce these rules and regulations:
- ALL STUDENTS MUST BE AT A DESIGNATED PLACE OF SAFETY DETERMINED BY THE DRIVER. EXAMPLE : PLACE OF SAFETY IS 10 FEET FROM THE STREET ON YOUR DRIVEWAY.
- STUDENTS SHOULD BE AT THEIR BUS STOP (5) FIVE MINUTES BEFORE THE BUS ARRIVAL TIME.
- STUDENTS MUST GO DIRECTLY TO AN AVAILABLE SEAT OR ASSIGNED SEAT AND REMAIN SEATED. KEEP AISLES CLEAR. NO STANDING.
- NO EATING, DRINKING OR CHEWING GUM, OR USE OF TOBACCO ON THE BUS.
- STUDENTS MUST NOT PUT ARMS, HEADS OR THROW OBJECTS OUT THE WINDOW.
- WINDOWS MAY BE OPENED WITH PERMISSION FROM THE BUS DRIVER.
- STUDENTS MUST LEAVE OR BOARD THE BUS AT THE LOCATION THEY HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED UNLESS THEY HAVE PARENTAL AND ADMINISTRATIVE AUTHORIZATION TO DO OTHERWISE.
- MARKING OR POKING HOLES IN SEATS IS NOT PERMITTED.
- CONTINUED DISORDERLY CONDUCT OR PERSISTENT REFUSAL TO FOLLOW THE RULES PRESENTS A SAFETY HAZARD WHICH CAN RESULT IN LOSING BUS RIDE PRIVILEGES.