August 23, 2021 6:00PM - Board of Education Meeting
Click here to watch the livestream.
August 22, 2021
POLAND, Ohio - The Poland Board of Education will hold a regular meeting on August 23, 2021 at 6 p.m. The meeting will be held in the Board meeting room at 3030 Dobbins Road. The meeting will be live-streamed and open to the public.
AGENDA - Click Here to download.
CALL TO ORDER
Pledge of Allegiance
The President is the presiding officer and shall be guided by the following rules:
Participants must sign in.
Participants must announce their name, address, and group affiliation if applicable.
Each statement made by a participant shall be limited to five (5) minutes duration; fifteen (15) minutes per topic. The Treasurer is responsible for timekeeping.
All statements shall be directed to the presiding officer; no person may address or question Board members individually.
BOARD OF EDUCATION RECOMMENDATIONS
1. Recommend: To APPROVE Poland Board of Education Policies, listed below, as presented for second and final reading. 1st reading approved June 21, 2021. The policy updates were completed using the services of NEOLA and will be available online. (#2021-174)
2. Recommend: To AUTHORIZE the Superintendent to mandate masks for students and staff in buses, classrooms, hallways, and gymnasiums (while indoors only) during instructional time for twenty (20) days and to reevaluate Covid data to bring back to the Board of Education at the next scheduled Board of Education meeting. (#2021-175)
CONSENT AGENDA (#2021-176)
Treasurer/CFO Requests of Consent: Janet Muntean
APPROVE the Minutes of July 19, 2021 and Special Board Meeting of August 4, 2021 and August 17, 2021.
APPROVE the Financial Report of July 2021 as submitted.
ACCEPT the following donations:
- Donation of $500 to Preschool - Anonymous
- Donation of $100 to Preschool - Michael and Sue Ann Niro
Donation of $100 to Preschool - Sharon Petrella and C. Diane Carfolo
Superintendent’s Requests of Consent: Craig Hockenberry
- APPROVE the following certified supplemental resignations:
- Haley Shaffer - resignation from English Festival 7 & 8 grade Supplemental
- APPROVE the attached student fee schedule for the 2021-2022 school year.
- PMS/McKinley - $20 Supply Fee
- PSHS Course Fees
ACKNOWLEDGE Michele Ciccone, FMLA as of September 17, 2021 for approximately 2-3 weeks according to the OAPSE contract article 5.10.
APPROVE the authorization of a stipend of $3000 to be paid to Terry Wittenauer serving as supervisor and coordinator of the preschool program for the 2021-2022 school year. The stipend will be evaluated by the Board annually and shall be paid using Fund #012 (preschool fund) revenue.
APPROVE the following as long term substitute teachers as needed for the 2021-2022 school year.
- APPROVE the following certified personnel to be placed on the approved substitute list for the 2021-2022 school year, substitute basis only, according to the PEA contract; all required reports are on file.
- Cathy Fedor - Substitute school nurse (effective 9/7/2021)
ACKNOWLEDGE the following employees for FMLA according to PEA Contract Article 4.91. Leaves have tentative return dates with proper release to return to work is required:
Thad Wright - As of August 18, 2021 until tentatively end of school year.
Janice Hohloch - As of August 18, 2021 and return date to be determined.
APPROVE a $250.00 stipend to be paid to the following teachers for additional planning and preparation necessary to cover additional classes in the master schedule at Poland Seminary High School.
END OF CONSENT AGENDA
TREASURER’S REQUESTS/RECOMMENDATIONS - Not included in Consent Agenda:
- APPROVE the Farmers National Bank Agreement for Deposit of Public Funds for the period of August 23, 2021 through August 22, 2026. (#2021-177)
SUPERINTENDENT’S REQUESTS/RECOMMENDATIONS - Not included in Consent Agenda:
- Recommend: To APPROVE the Agreement with Youngstown City Schools for Audiology Assessment Services for the benefit of Poland School District for the 2021-2022 school year. (#2021-179)
- Recommend: To APPROVE the Agreement with Mahoning Valley Community School to perform services to benefit students of Poland School District for the 2021-2022 school year. (#2021-180)
- Recommend: To APPROVE the following recommendations of the 2021-2022 Supplemental List as presented. See attached District list of Supplemental positions. (#2021-181)
- Recommend: To APPROVE the amended ESCEO contract for the 2021-2022 school year. (#2021-182)
- Recommend: To APPROVE following classified employees for the 2021-2022 school year. (#2021-183)
- Holly Kollar - PMS/McKinley Secretary
- Samuel Brothers - Groundskeeper/Maintenance (effective September 1, 2021)
- Recommend: To APPROVE a one-time $225.00 stipend for the following teachers to set up their classroom during non-contractual days: (#2021-184)
- Recommend: To APPROVE the attached 2021-2022 revised Poland Schools Organizational Chart. (#2021-185) Poland schools Organization CHART 2021-22.pdf
- Foundation – Mr. Polis
- Legislation – Mr. Riddle
- Student Achievement - Dr. Dinopoulos
RECOMMEND ENTERING INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION to consider the appointment, employment, dismissal of a public employee or official and matters required to be kept confidential by federal law or rules or state statutes.
RECONVENE TO REGULAR SESSION AND ADJOURN (#2020-186)
The next Poland Board of Education Work Session will be held on Monday, September 13, 2021 at 6:00 p.m. at Dobbins Learning Center Board of Education.